Log in ·
For your consideration:
1. Indulging in pornography ruins how you think about sex. Sex is a gift from God that is exclusively for one man and one woman who have covenanted together in marriage. Sex in marriage is beautiful. Sex is God’s idea, and we should praise him for it. Pornography corrupts and perverts sex. If you indulge in pornography, you will think about sex perversely. If you are married and indulge in pornography, then you will delight in sex with your wife less and less.
2. Indulging in pornography ruins how you think about women. Women are humans whom God created in his image, and they beautifully display God’s glory. If you lust after the bodies of women, then you will think about women as sex objects to satisfy your sinful lusts rather than as fellow image-bearers.
3. Indulging in pornography ruins how you think. It destructively rewires your brain. It ruins how you think and thus warps your affections.
4. Consequently, indulging in pornography ruins your conscience. Your conscience is your consciousness of what you believe is “right” and “wrong. When you indulge in pornography, you desensitize your conscience because you suppress and silence your conscience and rationalize away your sin. Eventually, you can damage your conscience so badly that it doesn’t condemn you when you sin. You may, for example, need to calibrate your conscience about viewing sexually charged nudity in videos
Posted 19 February 2018, 11:31 p.m.
So wrongs make a right?
Google the damage that porn causes, inside and outside a marriage.
Wicked at best....
Posted 19 February 2018, 11 p.m.
No disagreement from me.
Is it wise? Inadvisable from reasons above.
Do you concur?
Posted 19 February 2018, 10:56 p.m.
Do you support marriage, or care to discount it? We are all tempted. and given a way out.
Dr Burkhead is keeping it real. Will you Karl (Bill)?
Posted 19 February 2018, 10:15 p.m.
As in how to undermine a marriage....
Posted 19 February 2018, 10:10 p.m.
"Don't watch it" is a lame defense.
The damage it causes is irrefutable.
I don't like guns, but an AR15 is just fine for you.
Uh, do you agree?
Posted 19 February 2018, 10:08 p.m.
So you support porn?
Posted 19 February 2018, 10:02 p.m.
An interview with Ted Bundy, a day before he was executed:
JCD: Outside these walls, there are several hundred reporters that wanted to talk to you, and you asked me to come because you had something you wanted to say. You feel that hardcore pornography, and the door to it, softcore pornography, is doing untold damage to other people and causing other women to be abused and killed the way you did.
Ted: I’m no social scientist, and I don’t pretend to believe what John Q. Citizen thinks about this, but I’ve lived in prison for a long time now, and I’ve met a lot of men who were motivated to commit violence. Without exception, every one of them was deeply involved in pornography - deeply consumed by the addiction. The F.B.I.’s own study on serial homicide shows that the most common interest among serial killers is pornographers. It’s true.
JCD: What would your life have been like without that influence?
Ted: I know it would have been far better, not just for me, but for a lot of other people - victims and families. There’s no question that it would have been a better life. I’m absolutely certain it would not have involved this kind of violence.
So, care to make light of Dr. Burkhead's stand on the dangers of pornography?
We are slouching towards Gomorrah....
Posted 16 February 2018, 11:36 p.m.
1. Porn Breaks Trust. Marriages are built on trust. Ask a woman how she feels when her husband looks at porn and if she’s honest she hates it. She’ll say it feels like he is bringing other women into the relationship. And whether the man likes that or not she’s right. It’s infidelity.
2. Porn Creates Comparisons. You can’t look at images without comparing those images to your spouse. This can lead to ungratefulness, where you focus on what your spouse “isn’t” instead of being thankful for what he/she is.
3. Porn Destroys Self-Esteem. Just ask your spouse how confident they feel being naked in front of you after you’ve looked at pornography and you’ll understand this one.
4. Porn Creates Unreal Expectations. Porn is not reality! It’s a movie created by a director and paid actors who…hate to burst your bubble…are acting! It’s not real! And guess what, most of them hate it. Many of the female actors were coerced into the film industry at a very young age outside of their will. A high number of female actors take drugs to cope with both the physical pain of filming and the emotional pain. The suicide rate is high among both male and female actors.
5. Porn Destroys Intimacy. Porn in a marriage is usually very secretive. The one looking doesn’t want the other spouse to know. The result is a lack of intimacy as one spouse is keeping secrets from the other.
6. Porn Creates Shame. The enemy tempts us to look, and when we do, he tells us what a loser we are for looking. Shame is one of the worst side effects of porn. Because people often look at porn to escape stress or fear, it creates a downward spiral that goes like this. 1. Feel bad about your life. 2. Look at porn to escape. 3. Feel bad about your life for looking at porn. 4. Look at more to escape.
7. Porn is Addictive. Anyone who tells you it isn’t is wrong. Studies show that porn lights up the pleasure center of the brain more than cocaine. It’s powerful and it’s very addictive.
8. Porn Never Satisfies. The porn industry thrives on “customer dissatisfaction.” I heard a podcast explain the difference between sexual addiction and drug addiction. They stated that the drug addict craves “more” but the sexual addict craves “different.” In other words, a heroin addict wants more heroin. But a sex addict doesn’t just want more sex, he wants “different” sex.
The power behind porn is lust. And lust doesn’t crave “prettier” – it craves “different.” It’s why Tiger Woods can be married to a super model and still cheat with numerous other women. It’s not that his wife wasn’t “attractive enough,” it’s just that lust always craves “different.” The deception is that “different” will satisfy you, but of course, once you have what you craved you want something different. It never ends.
9. Porn is Progressively Perverse. Due to its inability to satisfy, pornography always leads one to greater perversity.
Posted 16 February 2018, 11:17 p.m.
Serious question - why is a suspected murderer of 3 people not in handcuffs during a court appearance? 'Shackled' (definition partially applies) but no handcuffs?
Posted 26 October 2017, 11:23 p.m.
Full LJWorld.com site
© 2018 LJWorld.com