sunnyFair, 74.0°


Sound Off: Drinking establishments


<b>I know that some bars/restaurants in downtown Lawrence have to meet a city requirement that at least 55 percent of their sales come from food rather than alcohol sales. How does the city determine whether that standard is being met?</b>

According to City Clerk Jonathan Douglass, the city checks the sales tax reports of drinking establishments covered by the regulations every two years when their liquor licenses come up for renewal. Covered businesses are required to provide copies of the sales tax reports they’ve filed with the state over the two-year period.

Full site