sunnyFair, 43.0°

Question

Sound Off: Snow routes

Answer

<b>Does the city of Lawrence have a policy of asking vehicles to be off the streets before a snow storm so the plows can operate better? </b>

“No, the city does not have emergency snow routes,” said Megan Gilliland, the city’s communications manager.

Comments

HawkitToEm

another question: Does the city have an order to the streets they plow first? it could just be an east-of-iowa conspiracy theory, but the residential streets west of iowa seem to be plowed sooner and better than those east of iowa....

4 years, 8 months ago

Alfred_W

Living west of Wakarusa mine was one of the last streets plowed.

4 years, 8 months ago

jhawkinsf

There has to be some order in which streets are plowed. New Jersey and Connecticut get plowed before the right between them New York. My guess is that's because the "T" goes on N.J. and Conn. Eleventh and 13th. gets plowed before 12th., always. The city must be concentrating on the more traveled streets, as they should in my opinion.

And my street west of Iowa, a relatively little traveled street, it the last to be plowed. So the conspiracy is East lawrence and my street. :-)

4 years, 8 months ago

elliottaw

The city does not have an order that they plow street, I believe it is done by pulling straws

4 years, 8 months ago

Leslie Swearingen

The question was totally evaded as it was not about emergency snow routes. It was about cars being removed from streets so that plows can clear them more effectively. I believe that many cities do this. The objection to this policy is that people do not have anyplace else to park their cars. So, in cities like Boston to where do they move their cars?

4 years, 8 months ago

Eugehne Normandin

plow the street shovel your sidewalk and shut up I i thought Kansasns were tough people not a bunch of whiny babies.

4 years, 8 months ago