sunnyFair and Breezy, 63.0°

Question

Sound Off: Whom can I get in touch with about the trash that’s left at the bus stop in front of my home?

Answer

Bus stops are cleaned on a weekly or twice-a-week basis, depending on use, according to Megan Gilliland, the city’s communications manager. Contact the Transit Administrative Office at 832-3465 to report an area that needs attention.

Comments

Topple

If the author is unfortunate enough to be stuck with a bus stop in front of their house, they shouldn't be responsible for cleaning it. As inconsiderate as most people are, I don't blame them for complaining...it probably becomes a local dump site for cigarette butts and other garbage.

John Spencer

Newest member of the trash Patroll.

Joe Berns

OTOH, if I pay for a ticket, and go to the game, and when its time to throw my trash away, the cans are overflowing, the school can take care of the problem. It happens frequently. We pay exorbitant amounts of money for tickets, refreshments, etc, already, I think some of that cost should go to stadium cleanup by the university.

kuguardgrl13

Same system for football, but more groups can participate.

kernal

Dear LJW, squirrels keep burying their nuts in my yard and leave their empty shells scattered throughout the neighborhood, which then decompose. When is the city going to do something this?

Sincerely,

Seeking Victim Status

kernal

Urrr, "about" this.

Anydaynow

thebcman, I think you should rethink your comment. This may be an elderly or disabled person that cannot or should not be out picking up someone's trash.

buffalo63

Years ago Lady Byrd Johnson (First Lady to Lyndon) had a campaign to Beautify America. Part of her message was don't make someone else pick up your trash. Leave it in the car or on your person, until you find a proper place to put it. A bus stop or yard or street or parking lot or storm drain is NOT the proper place. A trash can is!

oldbaldguy

Actually I have noticed trash is more prevalent wherever you are. Why is that? Wait till you take a drive across central Missouri.

Liberty275

Contact Dillons and ask if they sell garbage bags. If they do, go buy some and go pick it up yourself. It's in front of your house and it bothers you. I pick up trash from the street in front of my house and I don't see a difference.

Do you people need the government to do everything for you?

In a related matter, does anyone know who you are supposed to call to flush the toilet after using it?

windjammer

Call your mother little boy.

kuguardgrl13

Hey City of Lawrence, do something about the guy who raids my apartment dumpster for aluminum. I don't like the idea of someone digging through our trash and finding discarded credit card offers or personal information.

Full LJWorld.com site