cloudyMostly Cloudy and Breezy, 69.0°

Question

Sound Off: Has there been any change in the status in the missing person investigation in Leavenworth County into the 1988 disappearance of Randy Wayne Leach?

Answer

Leavenworth County Undersheriff Ron Cranon said Monday the case is still open and under investigation. Leach, 17, who lived with his parents in Linwood, was last seen April 15, 1988, at a party five miles from his home.

Comments

DillonBarnes

still "under investigation"

A phrase used loosely in this situation I think.

Ron Holzwarth

Even though I have been aware of the Randy Leach case for many years, it still sickens me. I feel a great amount of sympathy for his parents, and although I have never met them, I think of them frequently.

It is very difficult to lose a child, and it is much more so when he was your only child. And to top all that off, they don't even know what happened to him.

Ron Holzwarth

Part of the reason it bothers me so much is that I am in a somewhat similar situation, but at least I have the hope that my biological son that I lost to adoption is all right, and that I might get to meet him someday.

Ron Holzwarth

The above link has been changed to:

5 years, 6 months ago

vietvet

vietvet

Cynthia Schott

It's a case that can never be closed.

vietvet

My partner (author, missing persons activist - solves cold cases) and I researched this case for 7 years and followed up with a 1 year investigation. Why does the staff keep deleating the facts revealed by the investigative team that were verified by the KBI/LV CO LEA's??

vietvet

49 people are known that know the facts of this case. Why are we not heard? Why are comments deleated?

vietvet

Much was written about Robert Marble and Kelly Powell, two friends that were considered suspects for some time. They were later part of an investigative effort and do know ALL facts related to this case. Are their comments to be deleated as well?

Mike Ford

I played basketball at McLouth when Randy played at Linwood. I guarded him
twice that year. I went 5' 11" and he was about 6' 2" or 6' 3". I saw him at the
gas station that is now Dangermond Liquor about two weeks before he disappeared
getting gas. That was the last time I saw him.

Cynthia Schott

The truth is hard to swallow...

Cynthia Schott

Nope. Looks like the subject is dead and gone, just like Randy.

5 years, 7 months ago

Cynthia Schott

Nope. Looks like the subject is dead and gone, just like Randy.

5 years, 7 months ago

vietvet

BOB, I SUSPECT THAT YOU REFER TO THE BLOG, AROUND THE TIME OF THE PLAY. MOST LIKELY YOU ARE THINKING OF ONE OF THE TWO LONG THOUGHT TO BE SUSPECTS - ROBERT MARBLE AND KELLY POWELL. 1ST VISIT FOR ME THIS BLOG! I SENT YOU A PRIVATE COMMENT THOUGH!

vietvet

HAVE NOT BEEN BEFORE, AS I SAID, BUT DO HAVE A MESSAGE THAT I HOPE TO CONVEY TO THOSE OF CONCERN OR INTEREST. DILLON BARNES (?) MADE AN EXCELLENT COMMENT THOUGH!

pace

I would like to see a list of unsolved missing persons names for the state of Kansas for the last 50 years. I have a friend who disappeared, and no one lists him as missing. He lived here but went missing while traveling, so no jurisdiction lists him.

Cynthia Schott

Who was he? Email me.
cindy.hutchison@yahoo.com

vietvet

vietvet

vietvet

pace, it is amazining what you can find out on the internet.. Also have a friend with MAJOR missing persons Data-Base and also deceased but unknown, missing/homocide, etc she is sweet and would help ya out - volunteer/advacote/researcher/investigator. I sent you a note.

vietvet

discussion of discovery. case solved stuff. case solved 1-15-2012. not per law tho! major roadblock there. remember this was a cover up "legend" that involved cops/family enabelers. Can't come on here and just blurt stuff out, ya know. anyone with any sense would know that there were no satanic drug dealers running around the sod-busting/bible-belt communityof Linwood, KS ( pop 300?) interviewed all satanists! suspects! drug dealers! Nothing special - just a REAL investigation. 6/7 yrs research and 1 yr investigation by volunteer detectives solved case FAST. it has been almost 25 years. sad. an entire community misled, tricked,lied to,used. many drug through the mud.

Full LJWorld.com site