partly_cloudyA Few Clouds, 77.0°


I’ve cleaned out my basement, and I need to get rid of some old paint cans. I know I shouldn’t throw them in the trash, but who will taken them off my hands?


The city-county Household Hazardous Waste Facility is your answer. You must call 832-3030 to make an appointment to drop off materials. There is no fee for Douglas County residents.
Here are some common items that the facility will accept: paint, paint thinners, pesticides, cleaners, old mercury thermometers, batteries, motor oil, antifreeze, photo and hobby chemicals, and swimming pool chemicals.

Full site