partly_cloudyA Few Clouds, 67.0°


I live in Lawrence and need to burn off part of my yard. Do I need a burn permit? If so, where can I get one?


Yes, Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical issues residential burning permits for residents who request to be able to dispose of yard and garden waste generated on their property. To learn more about obtaining the permit and certain burning regulations, drop by the fire station closest to your house, or call the department at 785-830-7000, Division Chief James King said.

Full site