sunnyFair, 67.0°


Panhandlers are moving into other shopping areas around Lawrence, frightening off customers. What should retailers do, if anything, to get help from the police department?


“If anyone sees someone that is acting in a manner that alarms or disturbs them, they can call the police,” said Sgt. Bill Cory, a Lawrence police spokesman. “If a property owner wants someone removed from their property they can also call the police.”

Full site