overcastOvercast, 68.0°


Now that the city has decided to eliminate its Human Relations Division, what part of City Hall are people supposed to go to if they have a complaint about discrimination?


Legal Services Director Toni Wheeler recently told the city’s Human Relations Commission that the city’s Municipal Court offices, 1006 N.H., likely would be the place for people to lodge a complaint. The city’s legal services staff, which includes the Municipal Court prosecutors, will be responsible for investigating complaints of discrimination after the Human Relations division is discontinued at the end of this year.

Full LJWorld.com site