sunnyFair, 79.0°


If a township road is in poor shape and a person has made numerous calls to the township to get it corrected, and yet nothing has been done for more than three months, who would you call to get some action?


Township trustees are in charge of township roads. People should call trustees, who are elected, and inform them of the problem.

"The trustee of each township is the person who has to answer questions about roads maintained by the township," said Douglas County Administrator Craig Weinaug.

Weinaug said some structures, such as bridges, may be maintained by the county. If a determination is needed, people can call the county's Public Works Department at 832-5295.

Full site