overcastOvercast and Breezy, 46.0°

Photo detail

This bronze plaque by Lawrence artist Andy Foat was created to note the history of the Max Kade Annex at 1132 W. 11th St. The oldest building on the University of Kansas campus, the native stone structure was originally built in 1862 as a stable on property owned by James H. Lane, a prominent abolitionist and one of Kansas' first senators after statehood. It's now part of KU's Max Kade Center for German-American Studies, which is located in the former Sudler House adjacent to the annex.

Full LJWorld.com site