- Where:Hashinger Hall, 1632 Engel Road, Lawrence
- Cost: Free - $5
- Age limit: All ages
Come learn this popular, versatile social dance in a comfortable, relaxed and open environment. No partner or experience needed, just a willingness to try new things! In addition to our guest instructors from Chicago and Portland, we will have plenty of dancers from the community helping you out with your first moves. If you like it enough, you can continue with KU Tango Club's tango lessons on campus on Thursday nights, and come practice with Lawrence Tango Dancers on Mondays in town: Remember, all our events are free to KU students and only $5 general admission!
- No partner necessary. Bring one if you'd like, but don't fret if you don't.
- Wear comfortable clothes. Feel free to get glammed up, or come in jeans and a T-shirt; whatever makes you feel comfortable and, dare we say it ... sexy.
- Shoes are important. That's not to say that you need expensive dance shoes, but do be sure to wear something with smooth soles, preferably leather or suede; grippy shoes make it tough to pivot! (Or, skip the shoes altogether and wear fuzzy socks.) Make sure your shoes stay on your feet easily (no flip-flops, mules or slingbacks) so that you can walk backwards.
- Be ready to have fun and meet new people!